Thursday 4 June 2009

Brian Moore


Love him, or hate him?


Some days it's the former, some the latter, but while I can't bare listening to him as a commentator during the BBC's rugby coverage, there's no questioning his ability as a writer.

On the present turmoil at Bath Rugby, his article (see link below) is worth a look.

I have the dubious pleasure of working in the sporting media in Bath, so have watched this whole sorry story unfold for a long time.

And I have to admit I am not surprised. A well-respected source informed me last year (well before the Matt Stevens saga) that drugs were involved at Bath.

Like many, though, I am deeply saddened at the current situation that envelopes the club I have supported for many years.

Quite how head coach Steve Meehan is supposed to rebuild his squad when he returns from Australia's east coast is beyond me - good luck to him. The Australians are facing a coaching crisis as it is withing their club structure - would anyone blame him for returning back Down Under?


I for one hope he doesn't. There is plenty enough talent at Bath and one hopes the actions of a few bad apples doesn't spoil the efforts of the majority at the club.


Kick the offenders out and rebuild, quickly. Easier said than done I know, but here's hoping the Bath management pull it off.


No comments: