Tuesday 13 January 2009

Frustrated at the frost

It wasn't just Bath coach Steve Meehan who was left frustrated on Saturday after his side's game against Wasps was postponed due to an unplayable pitch.

With practically the entire league programme wiped out, I was left staring at a Saturday afternoon void - and it felt uncomfortable. Shopping was out of the question (pay day some way off), an afternoon in the pub would not help my "fitness regime", so indeed it had to be one thing - training.

I hate it. The monotony of running/jogging around a pitch and then interval training - it just doesn't do it for me. I dug deep, though, and went training at my local club and it has to be said - I quite enjoyed it.

Feeling pleased with my efforts (I had also braved the gym twice last week) I stepped on the scales Sunday morning in confident mood...

... and promptly stepped off them in a bad one.

And so, with less than seven weeks to the 7s World Cup in Dubai to go, I'm upping the anti...

Weight loss: None (an increase in fact)
Alcohol intake: One bottle of wine
Exercise: Two gym visits and club training

This had better make pleasant reading next week.

No comments: